In recognition of his distinguished career and his many contributions to the development of pension law in Canada, the second annual OBA Award for Excellence in Pensions and Benefits Law was presented to John Solursh at the Pension & Benefit Section closing dinner held at Osgoode Hall on Wednesday June 2nd.
Solursh is the Chair of the Financial Services Tribunal and Partner Emeritus in the Pension & Employee Benefits Group at Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP.
The 2010-2011 OBA Pension & Benefit Section Executive was also announced.
- Chair: Ari Kaplan
- Vice-Chair: Jana Steele
- Past Chair: Mitch Frazer
- Secretary: TBA
- Newsletter Editor: Leanne Hull
- Program Coordinator: Sonia Mak/Shemin Manji
- Advocacy & Government Relations Liaison: Deron Waldoc
- Continuing Education Liaison: Danielle Parkinson/Reesha Hosein
- Technology Liaison: Karen Kahansky
- Members at large: Elissa Amighetti, Andrea Boctor, Darrell Brown, Susan Fremes Gareth Gibbons, Priscilla Healey, Stephanie Kauffman, Jean-Pierre Laporte, Tejash Modi, Kim Ozubko, Stephen Pibworth, James Pierlot, John Prezioso, Anne Slivinkis, Natasha vandenhoven